the Story of Brad and Sara

the Story of Brad and Sara
Sun

Friday, September 18

Traits to avoid?

I found this blog today, I thought this might be of interest. The blog is called "Traits to avoid in people you date" by MidoriLei from the Blog Dating Advice from a Girl

Reading through these 'traits' reminded me of some 'mistakes' I've made in the past. I've also found these traits as a model of what not to become.

Dating can be viewed as either a numbers game or a game of high selection. Whereas you can date many people, trying to narrow down the traits you are in need of or more commonly you can selectively prejudge people, attempting to find the value you seek, before engaging with the person. In the later, where people mostly judge-a-book... we look for those more obvious traits such as these examples from 'Traits...'
  • Gossips
  • Is overly angry
  • Plays “one up”
  • Is an addict
Unfortunately there are few bad traits that can be recognized on the surface, and because of that highly selective people may actually be doing them selves a disservice. I myself have taken this approach, with little long-term success.

Dating many different people has the advantage and ability to read poeple over time and ascertain what may be a good or bad trait. This also helps develop a more distinguished model of who you'd give your life to.

In all honestly and jokes aside, I have found Sara to be one of the more stable and responsible women I have dated. I can't say that she is perfect, but I can say she lacks all of the bad traits that I deplore. When we just started to get to know each other, I could tell Sara was attempting to identify possible issues. Though i must admit, that I as well tested her grounds.

In the end we figured we may as well give a try, I mean how can you actually know if someone who displays bad traits on the surface actually harbors and exhibits such personality... Until you try.

0 comments:

Post a Comment